Service providers (”SP”) who successfully request funding from Balancer DAO are expected to follow the accountability guidelines laid out in the Operating Framework proposal. Please see this forum post for more information about how a service provider is funded.
We must ensure any funds disbursed from the DAO treasury are used transparently and in service of the Balancer Ecosystem. Ultimately veBAL holders and delegates are responsible for ensuring service providers are delivering enough value to justify the cost of funding them.
The following guidelines are designed to help the community hold service providers accountable:
- All SP’s must hold monthly community calls in any online venue of their choosing as long as it is open to the public. Failure to hold a monthly call will prevent the Foundation or the DAO from disbursing future funds. The recordings of these community calls must stay available for at least 3 months after the community call has wrapped up.
- In combination with the monthly community call, a monthly summary must also be created which details progress towards each “Key Objective” outlined by the SP in their funding proposal. This should be posted to Balancer’s forum in advance of the monthly community call.
- Anyone can make a forum proposal to governance to stop the Foundation/DAO from disbursing future funds to the SP.
- If the vote passes, all future funding to that SP will be halted until a new funding proposal is successfully approved. If it fails, funding continues as normal.
- There will be an internal monthly meeting with mandatory attendance by at least one representative of every actively funded SP. The goal of this meeting is to ensure all SP’s are strategically aligned across the ecosystem.
Every member of Balancer’s community shares responsibility for ensuring SP’s that receive funding from the treasury are acting in the best interest of the Balancer ecosystem. The rules outlined above empower every community member to act if they feel an SP is no longer acting in that best interest. The Foundation is an agent of the DAO and must honor the outcome of any legitimate snapshot vote, subject to any applicable Laws/Acts and Regulations.